Home › Blog › Wellness Wednesday’s at Shaker Pointe, June 18, 2014
Wellness Wednesday’s at Shaker Pointe, June 18, 2014
60 second Health Boosters from AARP Health Living by Candy Sagon.
Just a Minute will do!
- Leave your shoes at the door! Your kicks can track in allergens from soil and pollen, aggravating allergies and asthma.
- Give a hug! Hugging lowers blood pressure by increasing the feel-good hormone oxytocin and lowering the stress chemical cortisol.
- Wear sunscreen! Don’t neglect the tips of your ears and the back of your neck.
- Eat more cucumber! Pressing a slice to the roof of your moth for 90 seconds can help eliminate bad breath odors by increasing saliva.
- Don’t forget about your tongue! When brushing your teeth scrape your tongue to reduce bad breath and help to prevent gum disease, colds and cavities.
- Drink Watermelon! Watermelon juice can help relieve muscle soreness.
- Go Red! Adding a cup of red berries such as raspberries to cereal or yogurt adds 8 grams of dietary fiber. Fiber helps with digestive health, protects against heart disease, and wards off hunger.
- Go organic when it comes to ketchup! Organic ketchup brands contain three times the amount of of cancer-fighting phytochemicals.