June 1st, 2020
The global Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a concern to us all, especially our residents and their families. Since the initial reports of the COVID-19 virus in the United States in January, Shaker Pointe has increased its efforts in cleaning and sanitizing living areas throughout our residential complex. We are keeping up to date with the latest recommendations from the CDC and the State of New York. We continue taking every measure to meet those guidelines. At this time we have no known cases of the Coronavirus in our community.
Much of the raised concern over Coronavirus and seniors is aimed at those with compromised health in assisted living and nursing homes. Shaker Pointe is classified as a congregate living facility and deemed essential by the State of New York because of the services we provide to our active living community. We remain open to serve our residents and continue to provide housekeeping, maintenance, and dining services. Areas of New York State including Albany’s Capital Region are entering into Phase 2 of reopening. Beginning this week, we will begin to re-introduce small group gatherings, movies, card games, and seated dining. Extra measures have been put into place to ensure that we can accomplish this safely by limiting the participants and increased sanitation efforts. At this time group fitness will continue to offer classes digitally. All staff have begun to report to the office daily and will be following protocols similar to admission of outside visitors before being allowed to enter into the workplace.
Notes for Visiting our Community at this Time
- Please wear a face mask when visiting.
- Enter through the Main Lobby. As an extra precaution we are screening visitors by taking a forehead temperature reading and asking a series of questions before entry.
- Adult visitors only at this time, no children under the age of 18 or pets will be allowed.
- All guests should keep the recommended six feet of separation when visiting.
- Please try to limit your time in common areas.
We continue to share the latest information on how to protect yourself and others with residents and staff. While there is no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus, the CDC recommends cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces, vigilant hand-washing, and staying at home. Given the population of our community we have enacted the following guidelines for our residents.
- For a time period to be determined we are restricting the use of our fitness center and pool to residents only, no guests at this time. Equipment has been spaced further apart and will be kept clean and available for our residents. Online fitness classes are available daily through digital instruction.
- We are asking residents to order grocery delivery and have their pharmacies deliver necessary medication to the Main Lobby. We ask that everything be delivered to the front entrance. Our staff will help get the items to the resident.
- Our staff is in regular communication with all residents and we continue to provide reusable face masks to those who have requested one.
- We are serving take-out for breakfast, lunch and dinner from our Kitchen: Monday-Friday: 9 am – 7 pm | Saturday 11:30 am – 7 pm | Sunday 9 am – 12 pm. We continue to offer the added availability of some basic grocery and deli items. Beginning June 5th we will offer limited seating in the dining room by reservation only for Breakfast and Lunch. Shaker Pointe staff will still continue to accommodate door to door service.
- We have begun to resume group activities for small groups with registration and continue to offer connection digitally.
At Shaker Pointe, providing services and programming to our residents is top-of mind, as is our commitment to their safety. We want to thank you for being a part of our Shaker Pointe community. Together we can all be well and stay well.